Skip to main content

Facebook reverses policy on ban of posts saying Covid-19 was man-made



Social media giants, Facebook have said it will no longer remove from its platforms claims that coronavirus was man-made.

 

The announcement comes shortly after US President Joe Biden announced he had directed the US intelligence community to restart an investigation into the origin of Covid-19.


Biden announced Wednesday, May 26, he had given the US officials 90 days to investigate the virus' origins.


The announcement came after a US intelligence report found several researchers at China's Wuhan Institute of Virology fell ill in November 2019 and had to be hospitalized, a new detail that was not revealed before.


The Trump administration had touted claims that Coronavirus was man made i.e created in a Chinese lab, but China vigorously denied that assertion with the World Health Organization (WHO) also touting China's stance that the virus originated from animals.


Following Biden's announcement of more investigations into Covid-19 origins, Facebook has now announces a change of policy.


A Facebook spokesperson said to CNN on Wednesday night;


"In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of Covid-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that Covid-19 is man-made from our apps."


"We're continuing to work with health experts to keep pace with the evolving nature of the pandemic and regularly update our policies as new facts and trends emerge," the spokesperson added.


Facebook as part of its fact check policies announced in February it would remove claims that the virus was man-made following "consultations with leading health organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO)." 


Facebook had previously deleted posts that spread vaccine misinformation and other Covid-19 claims that were not approved by the WHO.

CLICK HERE TO FOLLOWS US ON GOOGLE NEWS AND GET QUICK UPDATE DAILY

Comments

Popular Posts

Tyga S£x Tape With Bella Poarch The Tiktok star Allegedly Leaked Online

  The  30-year-old “Rack City” rapper  joined the adults-only site, OnlyFans, in Sept. of 2020. He’s been promoting his new, uh, business venture on his Instagram account by posting pics of himself surrounded by scantily-clad women. He reportedly charges his fans $20 per month to view his explicit content. Tyga is the latest of a string of celebrities to join the site — Bella Thorne,  Jordyn Woods ,  Cardi B , Tyler Posey, and even  Real Housewives of New York  star Dorinda Medley got in on the adults-only site.  The sex tape allegedly shows Tyga and TikTok star Bella Poarch engaging in a sexual act; however, some social media users are questioning the validity of the tape, as many of the links Twitter users have just lead to an already-circulated nude picture of Tyga. Who is Bella Poarch? Bella Poarch is a  popular TikTok star  who has the most-liked video on the social media platform. She’s actually wildly popular on TikTok, even though her account was only created in April. She

5 Smart Ways You Can Make More Money With Fiverr

Hello friend. There has been so much talk about Fiverr. However, the truth remains that the site offers one of the easiest ways to make money online and does not discriminate against Nigerians. And with the new Payoneer card you can forget about the hassles of PayPal and withdraw your money in a few days from any MasterCard ATM machine.

Netflix Get Almost 300,000 Signed Petition Demanding Removal Of Preteen Twerking Film ‘Cuties’ (Video)

Netflix is under mounting pressure to cancel its upcoming release of the French film sexualizing children as young as 11 after a petition demanding its removal has already garnered more than 205,000 signatures. The film, named  Cuties,  is a French coming-of-age comedy-drama film where the protagonist is a Senagalese Muslim girl from a traditional yet dysfunctional family who joins a dance group called  Mignonnes,  which is also the French name of the film. However, the film immediately faced a backlash, with critics accusing it of sexualizing children, particularly through the act of “twerking.” Now, more than 205,000 people have already signed the potion demanding Netflix not release the film. “This movie/show is disgusting as it sexualizes an ELEVEN-year-old for the viewing pleasure of pedophiles and also negatively influences our children!” read the  petition  on the Change.org website. “There is no need for this kind of content in that age group, especially when se

Man in Tiwa Savage ѕєχтαρє finally revealed (See Video)

Just before the unknown blackmailer dropped the video, the songstress granted an interview saying she enjoyed the encounter she had with her man and is in no way feeling bad about the purported video generated as a result.

FG Approves ₦75,000 to be paid per semester to students in public University, Polytechnic and College of education ₦50,000

The Federal Government has approved the sum of N75,000 to be paid per semester to undergraduates studying Education in public universities in Nigeria.   Also, as part of the government’s deliberate effort to attract the best brains into the teaching profession, Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) students will receive N50,000 as a stipend per semester, as promised by President Muhammadu Buhari last year.   Malam Adamu, the Minister of Education, made the announcement on Tuesday, October 5, at the World Teachers’ Day celebration in Eagle Square, Abuja.   Adamu, whose speech was read by Arc. Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, said his ministry would work with state governments to ensure that students are automatically employed upon graduation. He said: "Undergraduate B.Ed / B.A. Ed / BSc. Ed students in public institutions will receive stipends of N75,000.00 per semester, while NCE students will receive stipends of N50,000.00 per semester.&q